It’s a suburb that’s growing in popularity and we’re going to tell you why people are dying to buy in Albany Creek.
Gott Realty know the North Brisbane suburbs inside and out, and have seen firsthand what buyers are looking for.
To find out what makes Albany Creek so popular, keep reading. If you already live in Albany Creek, and want to know how much your home is worth, click here.
Albany Creek is a desirable suburb
Albany Creek is one of those unique suburbs and not that old as far as homes are concerned – ranging from late 1960’s through to today.
The appeal of these homes is that the older ones lend themselves to renovating and modernizing which covers a larger demographic.
Some other attractions of Albany Creek are:
- The education facilities with a good mix of state and private schools.
- Multiple shopping options, both in Albany Creek itself and in surrounding areas of Chermside and Aspley, with public transport readily available to both.
- Albany Creek is also lucky to have excellent sports facilities. With the Brendale Sporting Complex catering for a wide variety of sports as well as the Wantima Golf Course nearby, all adding to the appeal of Albany Creek.
- The suburb also offers easy access to both ends of the coast via the Gateway Arterial Road. Access to the Brisbane CBD is also excellent along main roads.
What buyers are looking for in Albany Creek
Albany Creek buyers are interested in how appealing a home is. Home that require little work, such as having had the kitchens and bathrooms renovated, as well as those that have been repainted, tend to sell the quickest.
For the seller who invests in these improvements, the sale price is higher by many thousands of dollars, far in excess of the actual cost of the upgrade.
Yard presentation is also a high priority for buyers, especially the back yard and if the home has a pool area and outdoor entertaining, these appeal to many hunting buyers as well.
When to list your Albany Creek home for sale
Traditionally springtime is the best time to sell. This is typically when a lot of people are on the move and many yards are at their best giving the home that special look.
If a seller already knows that they are going to sell later in the year, it is best to prepare for the sale of their home before spring hits.
These two tips are key:
- Do the maintenance around the home especially flaky paint and messy gardens. Follow our knowledge book on maintaining your home for profit.
- Don’t cut corners on your advertising campaign. Many sellers opt for a cheap and cheerful advertising campaign which mainly consists of a large placement on the major real estate portal and some good snaps. If you are wanting to sell for the highest price possible it is a good idea to attract as many buyers as possible to the home.
Why people are dying to buy in Albany Creek
We’re always happy to help with more tips and advice on selling your home.
Thinking of selling your home? Speak to Gott Realty today!
If you’re looking for a real estate team that is honest, respectful and always acting in your interests, speak to us today about how much your home is worth.
Our team has unprecedented access to local property data and insights, and we are here to help you sell your property for the best price possible with the least amount of stress.
Gott Realty service Albany Creek, Eatons Hill, Cashmere, Warner, Lawnton and Bray Park and many more areas across North Brisbane. Learn more here on our blog.